Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Spiderman and the Fairy

Spiderman


How divine to have such a gorgeous little boy. He really is a sensitive little soul and yet so full of happy and fun. My favourite "thing" he does at the moment is a crazy little dance on the spot when you tell him something exciting.


But I have learnt a big lesson this week, Evan is so gentle and unassuming that other kids have been pushing him around and up until now he has had no comeback. While I am glad he has no aggressive traits he also has no strength in the face of adversity. So I had to learn how to teach him to protect himself, and (bless her) his kindy teacher came to the rescue. We have been practising "Stop! I don't like that!" said strongly and with meaning all around the house this week and hopefully the real life application will come a little more easily. I felt quite sad that he needed to learn such a lesson but grateful he now has a few more tools of life to survive the big wide world with...


the Fairy


Is a wilful little survivor who is the loudest memeber of our family and will no doubt be the apple of her dad's eye very soon if she keeps snuggling up to him on the couch :) She has really thrived having Dad home on holiday's and is gradually warming to his help and weaning herself off her dependence on me.




they have some outfits on loan from our well stocked local toy library ...


No comments:

Post a Comment